[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-10-15

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 15 09:12:32 CDT 2018

Present: Bhavesh, Roland, Peter, Sam, Antoni Ramos Buades, Bill, Yosef

* accumulated changes to Carpet were applied over the weekend
* change to remove MPI_UB tag from Carpet helps compile with some
  versions of OpenMPI that remove the deprecated constant
* Roland will propose to support all of C++11 in Cactus / Einstein
  Toolkit. Will collect information on feature matrix of different
  Intel, GNU and clang compilers (icpc 15 and g++ 4.8 seem to be
  required for all the features we may want). Have to check simfactory
  files that all clusters either already use a new enough compiler or
  provide it and it can be used with the ET