[Users] Question about GW150914.rpar simulation

Benjamin Chardi Marco bchardim at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 02:57:47 CDT 2018

Dear friends,

We are trying to use the EinsteinToolKit GW150914.rpar binary balckhole
merge simulation  as use case to test that our container orchestration
product OpenShift can be used for HPC.
Our test environment only has 30 CPUs so we need to execute that simulation
in a reasonable time.

Please can you tell us how to modify  GW150914.rpar in order to get a less
precise simulation executed in a 30 CPUs cluster in a reasonable time (~
few days).
Now we can run the simulation  GW150914.rpar using OpenMPI +
EinsteinToolKit, but it takes so long to be executed (~ weeks).

We believe that  GW150914.rpar EinsteinToolKit is a great use case to test
OpenShift for HPC, and of course we will reference to EinsteinToolKit is
our final report as a use case for Openshift in HPC mode.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Benja

--
Benjamín Chardí Marco