[Users] how to run from a checkpoint

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 26 09:04:10 CDT 2018

Hello Qingwen,

hmm, I would have expected that to work. However I don't normally use
create-run and run directly (since they only work on laptops) and use
submit and create-submit even on my laptop.

The job id is normally stored the file

$HOME/simulations/binarybh9/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/properties.ini in the
jobid line eg:

jobid           = 45607

However I just checked this with a "create-run" test and indeed the
line is missing. This is a bug in simfactory as far as I can tell.

As a workaround for now, you can edit the file by hand and put in a
jobid line of your own using a jobid (which is a process id [pid] in
this case) that is not present on your laptop eg:

jobid = 999999

which is unique since Linux / Unix jobids are only from 1 to 65536.

I will create a trac bug ticket about this and CC you on it (since
right now you cannot create the ticket on your own unfortunately).

For future runs (even on your laptop) I would suggest using the submit
command (which will automatically do create-submit if the simulation
does not exists) and eg use the show-output command or manually look at
the .out file in the output-XXXX directories to watch simulation log
output.