[Users] Compilation/Build Error

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 26 09:15:56 CDT 2018

Hello Zack,

you may be running out of memory. Building Cactus is quite memory
intensive (in particular compiling auto-generated C++ code in McLachlan
and the linking step).

kill 9 is what happens is the OS kills a process due to running out of
memory (you can try and look for an error message the contains the word
OOM for out-of-memory).

If you can I would try and reserve at least 3GB of memory (2GB is known
to fail if eg a browser is open at the same time and you try and
compile even with 2 parallel build processes) for the VM.