[Users] SimFactory!

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 26 11:02:46 CDT 2019

Hello S.Ramraj,

> I am interested in using simfactory. Thus, I tried to download
> einstein toolkit in my windows pc. But I am getting error. I have
> attached the screenshot of the error. Could pls help me with this.
I do not see an attachment I am afraid.

The simplest way is likely to not install it directly in Windows but to
instead install the Linux subsystem in Windows then install like for
Ubuntu.

These https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 are
Microsoft's official instructions on how to install the Linux
subsystem, these
https://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/
are less official but slightly easier to read instructions to do the
same. You may also want to install windows native X11 server
like VcXsrv https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcxsrv/, XMing
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/ or an all-in-one solution for
X11 server and ssh client like MobaXterm
https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ .

You may also want to move your $HOME to a location that the Windows
subsystem can more easily access like so:

# Windows 10 Linux subsystem
sudo mv $HOME /mnt/c/Users/$USER/Home
sudo ln -s /mnt/c/Users/$USER/Home $HOME