[Users] ld error while linking simfactory on a HPC

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 2 12:09:41 CST 2019

Hello Alois,

to fix the DSO error you would have to explicitly mention -ludev on the
linker line, after hwloc. The easiest way to achieve this is to set:

HWLOC_EXTRA_LIBS = udev

in you option list and either do a recompile from scratch (safest) or
make sure to "touch" all ccl files and src/detect.sh then you *may* be
able to get away with just a --reconfig (or -rebuild if using the bare
Cactus makefile).

If this still does not link, please do:

export VERBOSE=yes

before building the code and append "&>make.log" to your build command
line so that all log output is redirected to a file make.log then
provide that file.

Please also provide the file configs/sim/config-info.

Note that there is a second issue present "libgfortran.so.3, needed by
/lib/../lib64/liblapack.so, may conflict with libgfortran.so.5" which
is due to some libraries (liblapack.so in particular) that you are
using having been compiled with an older version of gfortran (using
libgfortran.so.3 as its runtime library) than the main code (which uses
libgfortran.so.5). To fix this you will either have to use a liblapack
version compiled with the same gfortran version you use for the main
code, or enable thorn ExternalLibraries/OpenBLAS and *disable*
ExternalLibraries/BLAS and ExternalLibraries/LAPACK (since those two
are the reference implementations and are very slow).