[Users] Choose Self-defined Output Results Directory

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unitn.it
Fri Feb 15 10:08:40 CST 2019

Hawk Steve,
   inside the Cactus directory you should have a file
called simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini. There you should have something like
this:

[default]
user            = xxxx
email           = xxx
allocation      =
sourcebasedir   = xxxxx
basedir         = zzzzz

basedir is where the output is written (i.e., replace zzzzz with the
directory where you want the simulation output to be written). Otherwise
you can always append the option --basedir=zzzzz when executing simfactory
(the full options for simfactory are printed out by just typing
./simfactory/bin/sim within the Cactus directory).

Cheers,
Bruno

Il giorno ven 15 feb 2019 alle ore 16:53 Steve Hawk <
steve-hawk1998 at outlook.com> ha scritto:

> Hello:
> As a newer to Einstein Toolkit, I have successfully finished and executed
> the example file in the server following the link:
> https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb.
> But I have a question about deciding the simulation output directory,how
> can l give the self-defined output directory for storing the simulation
> results. Is there any f*iles contents or commands *inside ET that could
> define the output directory by myself, or any documentations clarifying how
> the Einstein Toolkit decide the IO directory?
>
> Maybe it is a simple question, but I really don’t want to mess the common
> folders up too much, since I need to work out some simulations about NR
> in the group’s server.
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Best regards,
> Hawk Steve

Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics
University of Trento
via Sommarive 14
38123 Trento
Italy

Tel.  : +39 0461281631
email : bruno.giacomazzo at unitn.it
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't