[Users] Cactus Building Issue

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 15 12:48:48 CST 2019

Hello Shanshan Rodriguez,

based on the fact that the code complains about gcc-mp-7 you seem to be
trying to compile Cactus on a mac using macports. Macports
periodically updates its gcc packages and quite likely the current one
is gcc-8 in which case the compiler is called gcc-mp-8 g++-mp-8 and
gfortran-mp-8.

You should modify the option list that you are using to reflect this.
In the tutorial this is the file osx-macports.cfg which you can find in
the simfactory/mdb/optionlists/osx-macports.cfg file.

I have also just made the required change to the release version
simfactory files.