[Users] Cactus Building Issue

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 15 16:55:17 CST 2019

Hello Shanshan,

you will have gcc-mp-8 installed (or at least that is the version that
macports on my test-only macbook installed). To use it, please replace
all mp-7 by mp-8 in the file.

Steve's suggestion can be used to check that it exists ie

which gcc-mp-8

should return the full path to the compiler and not just "not found".

If gcc is not installed at all you will need to do something like:

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gcc8

You should remove the directory configs/sim to make sure simfactory
really builds from scratch.