[Users] Norm2 calculation on different grid levels

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Sat Jun 15 12:10:50 CDT 2019

Hello Ian,

> Perhaps a mask would be of use here?
You mean: being able to pass a mask to the reduce function in Cactus?

Would be nice, unfortunately as far as I know, the "old" reduction
interface using CCTK_Reduce
(http://einsteintoolkit.org/usersguide/UsersGuidech9.html#verbatim-64)
which Carpet uses does not let you pass in a param_table_handle the way
that CCTK_ReduceGridArrays
(http://einsteintoolkit.org/referencemanual/ReferenceManualch2.html#x4-165000A2)
does.

So one would first have to convert Carpet to support the "new"
reduction interface (which is probably simple as the differences seem
minor to me).