[Users] boundary conditions with Llama

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 18 10:00:02 CDT 2019

Hello Miguel,

> oh, but won't this be handled by the
>
>    if (Sn(i,j,k) == -2)
>
> line above?
I see. I had no idea that this is what the grid function does.

> from the description of the Sn function in the Interpolate2 thorn:
>
>   CCTK_INT source_patch TYPE=gf TAGS='Checkpoint="no"
> Prolongation="none"' {
>     Sn
>   } "source patch number, -1 for interior points, -2 for outer
> boundary points, -3 for inter- processor ghost points"
>
> and also from the way this is done in LlamaWaveToy, i was assuming
> that Sn(i,j,k) == -2 would guarantee that the points belong to the
> outer boundary (ie, points where i want to specify a physical
> boundary condition). is this assumption not correct?
Yes, in that case this should work fine. In fact it is probably more
correct then what I did b/c due to the way Llama works may suggestion
would likely have treated the inter-patch bondaries in Llama as outer
boundaries (since they are "symmetry" boundaries to Cactus).

So you should be fine actually.