[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-03-07

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 7 09:59:37 CST 2019

Present: Roland, Antoni, Bill, Peter, Steve, Yosef

noise bursts showing up in BBH simulations
(http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-March/006783.html)
* shows up in higher order modes mostly
* will try suggestions by Zach, Ian, Roland. In particular
  min_fraction=1.0

ET tutorial server
* using github is ready to go
* Roland suggests using CILogon instead which would allow for a blanked
  permission for "well known" Universities. This seen as dangerous.
* alternative signup form at
https://ekohaes8.ncsa.illinois.edu:4443/hub/login may be useful to avoid signings without authorization

ET release testing:
* Roland has code compile on:
- golub
- cori
- stampede2-skx
- stampede2-knl
- wheeler
- osx-homebrew
- osx-macports
- bethe
- comet
* will work on starting the actual testsuites as soon as possible

ET ticket emails:
* proof of concept setup is available on the ET server in hooks/issue_changed.php
* Steve and Roland to make it fully functional