[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-05-09

Steven R. Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Thu May 9 10:14:02 CDT 2019

On 5/9/2019 9:20 AM, Haas, Roland wrote:
> Present: Roland, Steve, Zach
>
> ET citation for each release
> * will have discussion on ET citation request to cite software not paper

Just to clarify (for all you lurkers on the list), this means we are
considering changing the officially recommended way of citing the ET
from citing the paper to citing the software (i.e. creating a Zenodo DOI
for each release).

There are a number of reasons to do things this way, but at its heart it
is a sustainability issue. For software to be sustainable, people must
want to work on it. The inability of any new person to receive credit
for their contributions to a software project is a de-motivator.

Hopefully, at some point before July 12, when we decide whether to
officially make this change, Dan Katz will join the call to make a
presentation on his research in this area.

--Steve