[Users] interpolation error

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu May 30 09:58:09 CDT 2019

Hello Chia-Hui,

the error message indicates that the code tried to interpolation a
quantity to location (x,y,z)=(-157.725,-576.349,-99.2027) but that the
grid only has a size of (xmin,ymin,zmin)x(xmax,ymax,zmax) =
(-576,-576,-576)x(576,576,576) (where I made a guess for the ymax and
zmax values given that the output only shows the shape of the grid on
one MPI rank).

So the interpolation point is outside of the domain.

Depending on what caused the interpolation this could mean eg that a
tracer particle (given the function name
"DoOneRK4StepForParticleTracerET") tried to leave the domain. This is
something that needsto be fixed in the particle_tracerET thorn,
probably by making it deactivate particles that get too close to the
edge of the domain.