[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-10-03

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 3 10:00:49 CDT 2019

Present: Bill, Chris, Maria, Peter, Roland, Yosef, Zach

ET release:
* gallery examples: Guiseppe and Helvi are running gallery examples, at
  least two done. Not sure if will also run BBH example, will cross
  check with Sam
* HMNS still under investigation, Maria in process of testing on local
  machines
* machines:
** mike does currently not compile and link, Peter is looking into this
** OSX/Macports fails to even install openmpi-gcc9
** failures to compile on bethe and wheeler systems at Caltech
* status of tests:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php
** CT_MultiLevel tests fail on machines with more than 1 thread
* Fishbone-Moncrief: Zach is addressing reviewer comments
* Self-force code: Peter on process of securing missing code pieces for
  effective source terms, has license and readme file, working on
  issues with scons with Steve in relation to python 3.5 or higher
  (needs python 2, README now reflects this). other issues found are
  being documented on the bitbucket README file

ET thorns:
* Zach added some code to analysis thorn to not require HydroBase
  anymore
* Zach corrected some comments in thorns

Unanswered questions:
* one lost email:
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-September/007029.html