[Users] Macport openmpi error

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 4 05:27:00 CDT 2019

Hello Robyn,

> https://superuser.com/questions/1446192/macports-error-when-trying-to-select-open-mp-fortan-for-mpi <https://superuser.com/questions/1446192/macports-error-when-trying-to-select-open-mp-fortan-for-mpi>
>
> I don’t know if they found their solution but could somebody answer this person and so solve my problem as well.
I am still trying to track this down.

I suspect that part of the reason is that macports updated its default
gcc compiler from gcc8 to gcc9 which may cause this.

I can reproduce the problem on my MacPorts VM test setup but it being
very slow have not been able to test it fully.

Reading the ports file
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/science/openmpi/Portfile it would seem as if builds using gcc should contain the fortran bindings.

I would try;

sudo port uninstall gcc8