[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-09-12

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 12 09:28:39 CDT 2019

Present: Bill, Chris, Maria, Peter, Roland, Steve, Yosef

software citation project:
* can be used to find citations for open source software used in papers
* the ET has some support for this

ET release

Modules to include:
* Peter's self-force code
** Steve is reviewing
** Peter is creating a testsuite, work in progress
* Fishbone-Moncrief disk by Zach
** in master thornslist
** compiles and passes its tests
** needs review
* create tickets for review of the new modules

Release team:
* gallery runners: Sam, possibly students at KCL
* Helvi, Peter, Roland, Steve
* timeline: freeze on Sept 26, testing of machines after that
* need a name
* update release page on wiki:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details

Failing tests:
* Carpet.64k2/1procs
* Carpet.64k2/2procs
* CT_MultiLevel.boostedpuncture/2procs

KCL meeting
* videos not yet available, will be eventually
* some interesting discussion with GRChombo developers
* some interesting non-compact object talks eg on using hyperboloidal
  slices
* postpone detailed discussion to next week's call

Next ET meeting
* next US meeting will be at LSU, organized by Steve
* travel funds will be limited due to coming out of "leftover" funds
* data to be decided

DOI for ET release
* please contact Steve if you have / know of an ORCID that is not
  listed in http://einsteintoolkit.org/developers.html

Issues recovering using ManualTopology
* see
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-September/007009.html
* Steve suggested enabling Carpet's verbose and veryverbose options to
  show which functions are scheduled
* would like a test suite case for this once it is fixed