[Users] meeting minutes for 2019-09-26

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:58:19 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Regarding this:

> * removed symmetries, 6th order accurate finite differencing,
>   Dissipation to 7th order, increased final time (crash is after
>   t=200M which is normally not reached), found crash in McLachlan
>   (BSSN). Using Dissipation thorn, will send email to mailing list

I just reanalyzed the BaikalETK output for this run. BaikalETK exited due
to NaNs being found at precisely the same iteration as ML_BSSN. *Conclusion:
this doesn't seem to be a ML_BSSN problem at all.* A closer analysis of the
BSSN constraints indicates there's a blow-up near the outer boundary. In
case anyone else wants to take a look, I've attached the parfile. Warning:
requires a few HPC nodes to run.

-Zach

Prof. Zachariah Etienne
Physics & Astronomy Dept.