[Users] -nan output.

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 27 20:34:27 CDT 2020

Hello Bilal,

> Thanks Sir. But I am still confused about, why changing "itlast" generated
> that issue as it only controls "last iteration"?
Changing itlast to > 0 makes Cactus enter an evolution loop where it
will cycle time levels bringing fresh, unitialized time levels to the
top of the set of time levels. Since there is nothing that would evolve
the data or re-initialize the timelevels your are left with unitialized
time levels, i.e. NaNs.

Just to be explicit: iteration is not some sort of iteration in a
non-linear solver. It is (more or less) the time step of a hyperbolic
evolution.

If you want more multigrid (W, V, whatnot) cycles then you have to
change CT_MultiLevel's parameters. I would suggest having a look at
param.ccl of CT_MultiLevel to see which ones are available.