[Users] MPI killing issue

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 22 16:50:25 CST 2020

Hello Karima,

looking at the error message and the parfile (BBHLowRes.par) that you
included in your email then there are these lines in the parfile:

--8<--
Contents successfully written to /home/karima/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/etc/defs.local.ini
%%bash
./simfactory/bin/sim build -j2 --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th
%%bash
./simfactory/bin/sim build -j2 --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th
Using configuration: sim
Updated thorn list for configuration sim
Building sim
Cactus - version: 4.9.0
Building configuration sim
Reconfiguring thorns
Reading ThornList...
Parsing configuration files...
   ADMAnalysis

--8<--

which clearly should not be there. They looks to me like some part of
screen output produced when copying and pasting the cell content from
the tutorial (which in itself is not wrong).

You will have to remove those lines and check that your parfile
actually agrees with the one from Cactus/par/arXiv-1111.3344 that you
would like to use.