[Users] meeting minutes for 2020-02-06

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 6 09:47:35 CST 2020

Present: Bill, Christopher, Helvi, Liu, Maria, Peter, Roland, Steve,
Yosef, Zach

* Steve presented on the current state of presync
** all tests pass if presync is disabled
** working towards getting all tests passing with presync enabled
** Steve is merging in changes from master making sure things work again
** Fortran thorn are now working
** aim to have in ET in next release
** can go into master once there is interest and it does no harm
** interest in having it hooked up to NRPy+ on the code generation level

* Are we ready to turn off CactusCode.org?
** all in favor for moving
** Zach has some links to CactusCode.org that are in NRPy+ docs and
that should be considered for a redirection
** https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2328 for
suggested changes

* Zach's group has static trumped initial data thorn that, using
  correct gauge conditions gives static evolution
*
  https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/zachetienne/nrpytutorial/blob/master/Tutorial-ADM_Initial_Data-StaticTrumpet.ipynb
  for the initial data, gauge condition notebook still to come

* Steve and Roland reported on issues with tutorial server apparently
  caused by timeouts
** Roland looking into alternative IO systems
** would also consider to migrate to somewhere else
** check if we can increase timeout values for jupyterhub to prevent
the notebooks loosing their connection to the kernel