[Users] Meeting minutes for 2020-02-27

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 27 11:23:11 CST 2020

Hello all,

> Unanswered questions:
> * Roland will add some (crude) blacklisting facility to remember
>    answered questions
> * Steve handled Bilal's hello world
> * Issue of compilation of ETK on Ubuntu 18.04 (Federico Cipolletta): was
> resolved in private conversation.
I have added some crude functionality to mark a "tail" (i.e. the most
recent email) as "this has been answered". This means that someone then
responds to a previously "answered" thread it will become "no answered"
once more.

To add items to the list, one has to edit this wiki page:

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Answered_emails

and add the "tail" links shown on

https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/tools/unanswered.php

to the wiki page.

One can drag and drop the tail link and the browser will add the URL.
Formatting does not matter, though as an example I have added a <div>
that shows each link on its own line and added a date to the list I
have just added (mostly to make it easier to retire entries eventually).

An alternative would be to accept the same type of lines as output by
the unanswered email tool, which would rely on the subject and require
parsing of(mostly) free form text which I feel a bit uncomfortable with.

Those lines look like this:

Feb 18 11:16:03 CST 2020 [Users] Workshop announcement "New Frontiers in Strong Gravity" July 2020 in Benasque (Helvi Witek): root