[Users] ET on AMD Epyc cores?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jan 20 12:19:33 CST 2020

Geraint

Regarding BLAS: I recommend using OpenBLAS instead of MKL there (but
haven't compared performance). There is a thorn
ExternalLibraries/OpenBLAS (part of the ET, but not enabled by
default) that interfaces to OpenBLAS and/or builds OpenBLAS if it is
not already available on the system.

I am not aware of any issues. Regarding benchmarking, thorn
CactusUtils/Vectors supports SIMD vectorization, and it should already
support Epyc. From the technical discussions on the web it seems that
they should be well suited for the ET. In particular the large L1
instruction cache should be quite beneficial.

Thank you for the pointer to the Prace best Epyc practices.

-erik