[Users] Einstein toolkit installation issues

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 18 06:10:15 CDT 2020

Hello Camilo,

you are affected by gfortran-10 and gcc-10 reporting errors for code
that compiled by gfortran-9 and gcc-9.

You can either try and uninstall gcc-10 and gfortran-10 or, most likely
easier, edit the file simfactory/mdb/optionlists/generic-mp-10.cfg and
change all gfortran-10, gcc-10, g++-10 to gfortran-9, gcc-9, g++-9 then
reconfigure once more using the modified option list:

simfactory/bin/sim build --reconfig --optionlist simfactory/mdb/optionlists/generic-mp-10.cfg

There are also options you can add to F90FLAGS, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and
LDFLAGS to have gfortran-10 and gcc-10 revert to the old behaviour.

Please see these ET tickets for details:

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2403/compile-failure-with-gfortran-10-when

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2406/cactus-fails-to-link-with-gcc-10-due-to

The fixes developed in there and in a couple of other tickets (since
the options are not a solution for the general case since they are
compiler version specific) will be backported to the release branch
as soon as they are fully tested and reviewed.