[Users] Fwd: Using finite temperature EOS with GRHydro in BNS simulation

rhaas at illinois.edu rhaas at illinois.edu
Sun Jun 21 13:36:18 CDT 2020

> ---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Beyhan Karakaş <beyhannkarakas at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 7:34 PM
Subject: Using finite temperature EOS with GRHydro in BNS simulation
To: Einstein Toolkit Users <users at einsteintoolkit.org>

Dear to whom it may concern,

   I am using Turing release on Fedora 31. I have been trying to
   perform a binary neutron star merger simulation via finite
   temperature equation of state (might be misleading) with GRHydro. As
   far as I can see, this question was replied by Roland previously in
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2019-February/006756.html.

Parameters were added as has been suggested but If Meudon_BNS_ID does
not refer to source code of Meudon_Bin_NS then I could not find where
Meudon_BNS_ID or Meudon_Bin_NS ID is located in Cactus, if it does I
will try to work on it.
In this setting, is it enough to use IOUtil parameter
-filereader_ID_vars = "all" - to allow initial temperature, entropy and
electron fraction to be read from the file?

I have tried to use APR eos with SFH0 eos table from
stellarcollapse.org (
https://stellarcollapse.org/~evanoc/Hempel_SFHoEOS_rho222_temp180_ye60_version_1.1_20120817.h5.bz2
) and got "EOS errori n prim2con_hot"  in this setting and do not know
how this might be overcomed.

Besides that, I suppose WhiskyTHC allows nuclear eos table to be used
with Lorene initial data by providing this table in pizza format and
uses some conversion of units but do not know what will be needed for
Einstein Toolkit.

Parameter, error and output files are attached.

Best regards,

Beyhan.