[Users] CST error

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 26 14:23:53 CDT 2020

Hello Bilal,

> I am trying to install new version of ET in jupyter notebook. I followed
> the instructions but get CST errors as in the screenshot.

Since multiple CactusNumerical thorns are missing, this looks to me as
if the download may have failed.

Were there any errors / warnings output when you ran GetComponents?

The fastest way to fix this is most likely to run GetComponents (in the
same location and with the same options as before) once more, then run
"sim build" again.

Best would be to add:

2>&1 | tee GetComponents.log

at the end of the GetComponents line so that it reads:

./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2020_05/einsteintoolkit.th 2>&1 | tee GetComponents.log

and similarly run sim build as:

./simfactory/bin/sim build -j2 --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th 2>&1 | tee sim.log

and if the failure persists please include the two files
GetComponents.log and sim.log in your email since they contain the full
set of error messages (which often contain information that is no
longer visible on screen and hence a screenshot).