[Users] Poisson equation

Taishi Ikeda taishi.ikeda at uniroma1.it
Wed Oct 14 13:46:25 CDT 2020

Dear all
Hello, I’m a user of EinsteinToolkit.
Now, I’m trying to solve Poisson's equation using ctthorn as initial data before time evolution on EinsteinToolkit.
The boundary condition is 1/r.

I already implemented my thorns for the source term of the equation,
and solved the equation using "CT_MutiLevel”.
I checked if the final solution is real solution of the original equation, but
it is not good solution.
I changed the resolution, but it is not improved.

So, I may misunderstand how to use CT_MutiLevel thorns, and I have questions relate to "CT_MutiLevel" :
1)
In order to understand correct behavior,
I want to try test simulation using poisson.par, which is one of the example parameter file.

But, it does not work.
The output told me the grid structure is inconsistent,
and I also try another example, but it also has same error.
Are there other available par file for CT_MutiLevel ?

2)
To solve the elliptic equation with 1/r boundary condition, is CT_MutiLevel the best way ?
If there are another thorn to solve elliptic equation in EinsteinToolkit, let me know.
Since I want to use Carpet, the thorn should be compatible with Carpet.

3)
After solving elliptic equation, I want to solve time evolution.
Since CT_MutiLevel is a solver using MultiGrid method, we must prepare several Carpet grids on whole domain.
But, is it consist with time evolution ?
If there is an example par file, let me know.

Best.
Taishi.

************************************
Taishi Ikeda
Physics Department
Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
taishi.ikeda at uniroma1.it
************************************

Le informazioni
contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono strettamente
riservate e indirizzate esclusivamente al destinatario. Si prega di non
leggere, fare copia, inoltrare a terzi o conservare tale messaggio se non
si è il legittimo destinatario dello stesso. Qualora tale messaggio sia
stato ricevuto per errore, si prega di restituirlo al mittente e di
cancellarlo permanentemente dal proprio computer.
The information contained
in this e mail message is strictly confidential and intended for the use of
the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, forward or store it on your computer. If you have received the
message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it
permanently from your computer system.