[Users] McLachlan and Cartoon2D conflicting?

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 14 13:59:17 CDT 2020

Hello Federico,

not having quite read the whole email (in between meetings), but seeing
the 2D, McLachlan, and Cartoon2D keywords: you are are possibly seeing
an variant of the the issue that is described here:

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2449/newrad-cannot-be-used-with-cartoon2d-due

If this is indeed the case, then this (should be) is fixed in the
master branch of the NewRad thorn as of today (couple of hours ago,
namely it needs to include commit 080c20b "NewRad: do not extrapolate
into symmetry boundaries").

Yes, I believe that the gcc-10/gfortran-10 issues have been cleaned up
in master (couple of weeks ago) and also on the release branch so a
fresh checkout (or GetComponenonts --update --thornlist
Cactus/manifest/einteiintoolkit.th) should no longer fail to compile.

If it is failing for you, would you mind sending the file sim.log
produced by:

VERBOSE=yes simfactory/bin/sim build 2>&1 | tee sim.log

as well as the file git.log produced by:

for i in repos/*/.git ; do echo $i ; GIT_DIR=$i git log --pretty=oneline HEAD~1..HEAD ; done 2>&1 | tee git.log

please?

The first file will contain the error message and the second file exactly
which commit is checked out.

Are you still seeing issues compiling using a fresh, fully up to date
ET checkout (master or release)?