[Users] ET and recent Intel compilers

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 04:20:39 CDT 2021

Hi,

I've encountered various issues from recent Intel compilers. Except for
some versions having header file issues, I could manage to build ET
executables but actual run stalled at various steps depending on the
compiler versions. For example,

Case 1. Before initial data generation
INFO (CarpetRegrid2): Enforcing grid structure properties, iteration 1
INFO (CarpetRegrid2): Enforcing grid structure properties, iteration 0
INFO (CarpetRegrid2): Enforcing grid structure properties, iteration 1

Case 2. During reading Lorene data (e.g., while reading resu.d)

Case 3. Evolution started with normal IDs but NaNs produced from the next
evolution step.

I've encountered the issues in various combinations of  OneAPI/IntelMPI and
OneAPI/OpenMPI on Centos8 (gcc-8.3.1) machines.

There had been no issues for OpenMPI/GCC. But I've just found Case 1 is
produced on an old machine with devtoolset gcc-6.3.1/openmpi-1.8.4.

You have any hints for the issue? Thanks in advance.

Hee Il