[Users] Higher dimensions

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Aug 9 15:56:43 CDT 2021

Robert

I want to add to Roland's description: Most people simulating gravity
in 4+1 dimensions or higher will assume some symmetry (e.g.
axisymmetry), so that only 3 spatial dimensions are actually
simulated. This is possible with the toolkit in principle, but you
will need a thorn that implements the correspondingly reduced Einstein
(or scalar/vector field) equations.

If you actually want to solve some PDEs in full 4+1 dimensions,
without assuming symmetry, then you will not only need support from
the driver (which exists in principle), but also respective initial
conditions, evolution, and analysis thorns, which do not yet exist.

-erik