[Users] BHNS simulation issues - Hamiltonian constraint violations and general problems

Konrad Topolski k.topolski2 at student.uw.edu.pl
Mon Aug 23 12:54:07 CDT 2021

Hi

I cannot set up the tracker correctly in either of these parameter files.
The "pt_loc_" timeseries all display the (0,0,0) position at all times.
The 'NaNMask' data is probably corrupted by simulation shutting down, as I
cannot open it.

What are the "mesh grid variables" exactly that I should use in this
diagnostics and in which thorns should I look for them?

Here's part of the log (common for both simulations in the PunctureTracker
part):
mesh grid variables" that
[...]
INFO (GRHydro): Setting up the atmosphere mask: all points are
not_atmosphere
INFO (PunctureTracker): Tracking punctures...
INFO (PunctureTracker): Puncture #0 is at (17.3774,-0.0975486,0)
INFO (PunctureTracker): Shift at puncture #0 is at (0,0,0)
INFO (AHFinderDirect): proc 0: searching for horizon 1/1
INFO (PunctureTracker): Setting spherical surface 0 centroid from puncture
#0 to (17.3774,-0.0975486,0)
        1     0.022 |    6.0400998 |         -nan         -nan |
-nan         -nan |      2516      3089 |         0         0
INFO (CarpetTracker): Setting position of refined region #1 from surface #0
to (17.3774,-0.0975486,0)
INFO (CarpetTracker): Refined region #2 (depending on surface #1) is
inactive
INFO (PunctureTracker): Tracking punctures...
INFO (PunctureTracker): Puncture #0 is at (17.3774,-0.0975486,0)
INFO (PunctureTracker): Shift at puncture #0 is at (-nan,-nan,-nan)
ERROR from host nid00681 process 0
  while executing schedule bin CCTK_EVOL, routine
PunctureTracker::PunctureTracker_Track
  in thorn PunctureTracker, file
/lustre/tetyda/home/topolski/Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinAnalysis/PunctureTracker/src/puncture_tracker.cc:204:
  -> Shift at puncture #0 is (-nan,-nan,-nan).  This likely indicates an
error in the simulation.

I'm also sending the initial data to confirm the initial guess for the
puncture.

Best

niedz., 22 sie 2021 o 08:59 Samuel Tootle <tootle at itp.uni-frankfurt.de>