[Users] Workshop on Binary Neutron Stars Next Week (July 12-16)

Yosef Zlochower yosef at astro.rit.edu
Thu Jul 8 09:31:30 CDT 2021

Hi,

Our Theory and Computational Astrophysics Network (TCAN) is hosting an
international workshop to discuss the science, observations and
simulations of binary neutron stars and black hole - neutron star
mergers. The meeting will be held virtually over zoom.
The dates will be July 12--16; all talk sessions will be in the morning,
US Eastern time. The afternoons will be dedicated to open format
discussions. You can view our full schedule here:
https://compact-binaries.org/node/2856
<https://compact-binaries.org/node/2856>

The topics for the talks on day 1 will focus on reviewing the status of
the merger simulations for both BNS and BH/NS binaries. On day 2, talks
will be dedicated to nuclear physics, equation of state, nucleosynthesis
and post merger simulations. On day 3 (July 14) , the topics will range
from particle transport in fluid dynamics, radiation transport and
kilonovae. Finally, day 4 we will be dedicated to magnetic field
amplification and topology, and jet launching.
If you would like to attend, please register by sending me
(yosef at astro.rit.edu) an email by Sunday 5pm EDT. There is no fee
associated with attending.