[Users] sim error

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 16 09:22:26 CDT 2021

Hello Hamideh,

> I am installing ET on a cluster and keep getting this error:
>
> [.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [/home/hhossei/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Vectors.a]
> Error 2
> &
> Creating /home/hhossei/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Fortran.a
> make: *** [sim] Error 2
> how can I fix that?

There is unfortunately not quite enough information in the fragment of
make's output that you are providing. It seems that there is an error
compiling test-vectors-4-SSE.cc but the actual error message is not
shown.

To get all the make output, please try the following:

VERBOSE=yes ./simfactory/bin/sim build -j1 2>&1 | tee make.log

which instructs make to use VERBOSE output (shows each line as it is
executed) and builds serially (so that there is no mixing of output
from parallel gcc calls) and collects both stdout and stderr in make.log

Please attach the file make.log as well as the file
configs/sim/config-info and configs/sim/config-data/config.log and
configs/sim/config-data/make.config.defn .

Based on the paths in your error message you seem to be using a Linux
system (or the Linux subsystem for Windows 10). Is that correct, what
version of the gcc compiler suite are you using?