[Users] GRHydro negative rho

Nick Olsen n.olsen.3.711 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:05:05 CDT 2021

Hello there

I have been learning how to use and working with the Einstein Toolkit for a
few months now and I have gotten to a point where I wanted to implement a
photon gas with (locally) negative rho as part of my research, following a
paper written by one of my supervisor's PhD students. While looking into it
I found that GRHydro automatically discards negative values of rho and
replaces them with rho_abs_min, and I can't set rho_ans_min to a negative
value because they are ignored according to the documentation.
I was wondering if there is a way to set rho_abs_min to be negative without
it being ignored, or a way to circumvent the check for negative values of
rho somehow to allow for negative values. I have some experience with
rewriting thorns for my own purposes but GRHydro isn't as simple as the
thorns I've been changing.

Thanks,
Nicholas Olsen, University of Waterloo