[Users] North American Einstein Toolkit summer school day 4 recap

Miguel Gracia mgracia at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 29 20:53:29 CDT 2021

Hello all,

Day 4 of the school is over.

Today we had Samuel Tootle presenting about FUKA a new initial data solver for compact object binaries.
Deborah Ferguson talked about NR in the Era of Gravitational Wave Astronomy.

We also had tutorials: Barry Wardell showed how to use the Black Hole Perturbation Toolkit,
Peter Diener presented a SelfForce1D tutorial and Helvi Witek showed us the 3+1 decomposition of Einstein’s equations using xTensor.

Today’s lightning talks were in charge of  Pedro IIdelfonso talking about Binary systems of boson stars,
Mostafizur Rahman talking about Ringdown of compact objects, Aaron Held talking about Nonlinear Dynamics of Quadratic Gravity and
Thomas Helfer about Boson Star Initial data.

All available recordings and slides are now uploaded to the respective
talk pages https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2021uiuc/program.html
and collected in the YouTube playlist:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRxi-yB7cTGfIPyQLSNulydOAPSPHN2Hc

Please join us again tomorrow for the last day of the workshop at 8:25 AM CDT via Zoom or via the YouTube
stream at:

https://go.illinois.edu/et2021uiuc

for more interesting presentations, tutorials and lightning talks.

See the program

https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2021uiuc/program.html

for upcoming presentations and tutorials.

Yours,
the organizers