[Users] problems compiling ETK on OSX Big Sur

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Sat Jun 5 14:32:27 CDT 2021

Hello Maria,

> Has it been backported? If not, will you please remind me how to do
> the pull request?
It has already been backported, yes.

To update you can use GetComponents (same as for download) as long as
you respond "yes" when it asks you to update existing components. You
may have to remove the faulty "*.ini" file in simfactory/mdb/machines
first.

> In my notes I have something like this:
> 1. Change to the correct directory
> 2. git fetch origin
> 3. git fetch && git checkout origin/<patch>
This would be if you wanted to checkout out a remote branch (but not
create your own tracking branch). This would be required if it had not
been backported and you would not want to use "master" intead.

> I am stuck at point 1: what is the correct directory for this pull?
It would be repos/simfactory2. However since things were backported the
simpler sequence:

cd repos/simfactory2
git pull

will work.