[Users] Issue with thorn Trigger

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 18 10:43:51 CDT 2021

Hello Lorenzo,

this has been mentioned already but just to be sure:

"steerparam" cannot be used to change any of the CarpetRegrid2
parameters since it only uses the values of the parameters to create
the initial set of boxes at t=0. Afterwards it uses (similarly named)
grid scalars (so "steerscalar") and you can see how that is done eg in
the gallery example for bns
http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/nsnstohmns.par near the end:

ActiveThorns = "Trigger"
Trigger::Trigger_Number = 4

Trigger::Trigger_Checked_Variable[0]="Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_rho_max_origin_distance"
Trigger::Trigger_Reduction       [0]=""
Trigger::Trigger_Relation        [0]="<"
Trigger::Trigger_Checked_Value   [0]=10
Trigger::Trigger_Reaction        [0]="steerscalar"
Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Scalar      [0] = "CarpetRegrid2::num_levels[2]" # == num_levels_3
Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Scalar_Value[0] = "7"