[Users] parsing bug for temperature_evolution_method

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:59:44 CST 2021

Hi Roland,

I'm very sorry for the confusion and taking up so much of your time.

> You should still set:
>
> EOS_Omni::poly_gamma = 2.0
> EOS_Omni::poly_K = 123.613314525753

My issue solely came from not assigning poly EOS in the atmosphere as you
mentioned above. From some point on, I didn't assign them.

> since GRHydro uses the polytropic EOS for "atmosphere" (low density)
> regions, irrespective of the EOS used for the non-atmosphere parts.
>
> THe issue you re reporting causing a SEGFAULT seems different, given that
> with a SEGFAULT in grhydro_initialatmospherereset you should be unable to
> evolve at all past t=0. Is that correct?

You're right.

Thanks for the kind explanation below. I was not going to take temperature
evolution seriously, so I think I have no more issues left. The debugging
tips below would be very helpful in my future studies.

Thank you.

Hee Il