[Users] Compilation Error related to rdwr.pl script

Michael Muller mullerm at uoguelph.ca
Fri Mar 26 14:46:52 CDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of the Einstein Toolkit and I am currently trying to build the ET deWitt-Morette release with some private thorns. The private thorns were previously used with the ET Mayer release, so there are some components that are not quite compatible with the new release and at least one creates an error related to the new rdwr.pl script. The problem is that the function in line 471 of rdwr.pl that would create the error message seems to have a problem with the input that it gets. Thus the actual error message pointing to the error in the private thorn never gets printed. The exact error message is:

"Can't call method "linenum" on unblessed reference at /home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/repos/flesh/lib/sbin/rdwr.pl line 471.
/home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:212: recipe for target '/home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/configs/ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro/config-data/make.thornlist' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/configs/ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro/config-data/make.thornlist] Error 25
Makefile:260: recipe for target 'ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro' failed make: *** [ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro] Error 2"

This error shows up just after the configuration scripts for the thorns have run. I also included a copy of the full build output in the attachments.

It would be great if anyone could provide me with any pointers as to what could be the source of this problem.

Thank you and all the best,
Michael Müller