[Users] HelpEinsteinToolkit: "required key: user"

jumipas at alumni.uv.es jumipas at alumni.uv.es
Wed May 12 12:32:44 CDT 2021

Dear users of Einstein Toolkit,

I'm a pregraduated student in University of Valencia (Spain) and I'm using Einstein Toolkit for the first time (I used the stand-alone version of RNS inside ET but I had not big problems with it) as part of a schollarship I got this year.

When I tried to run a simulation, ET returned an error which said that "consts.h" (located in ET/Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/Hydro_RNSID/src/include) was missing. However, this file actually exists and it is located in that same directory. The error was something like this:

rnsid_util.o  fatal error

#include "consts.h" The file consts.h does not exist or cannot be read.

It was not exactly like this message, but it was quite similar.

After many tries without solving this problem, I tried reinstalling the Einstein Toolkit (now I have 2) and it did not appear again, so it might be an installation error or something similar. However, now ET returns another error (actually, the machine in which I'm working is the one which returns the error, but it is from something missing in ET, not the machine). The error it returns is:

Error: machine [name] is missing a required key: user

Aborting Simfactory.

And I have tried almost everything I know to solve it. I also spoke to some colleagues here that also use ET but all the files we compared were identical (except for the initial path to Einstein Toolkit and the username). We thought it could have something to do precisely with the username, but we changed it several times and we could not fix the error.

As I still have both versions of ET (one with each error), any help with each of the errors will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerelly,
-J.