[Users] Query regarding visualisation software/packages

Gabriele Bozzola bozzola.gabriele at gmail.com
Mon May 17 10:22:43 CDT 2021

Dear Annamalai,

I am the author of kuibit, and I would like to highlight that the package
is capable of doing what you are looking for,
including 3D rendering. The package also comes with a lot of examples that
you can immediately use for your
goals. There are already some examples for 2D/3D plots of binary black
holes, and you can see an example of
rendering here:
https://github.com/Sbozzolo/kuibit/tree/experimental/examples
where I rendered a 3D movie with the apparent horizons, magnitude of the
spins, orbits, and gravitational wave
strain. You can produce the same movie for your simulation writing 0 lines
of code [1].

As for yt, kuibit can prepare the data so that it is trivial to use it with
yt (see GitHub issue
https://github.com/Sbozzolo/kuibit/issues/18). I've never used yt and I
don't even know where to start, but if you
are already familiar with it, you'll be able to use it with kuibit in no
time. [2]

Finally, let me point to the documentation:
https://sbozzolo.github.io/kuibit/. kuibit is thoroughly documented and
there are lots of examples and tutorials that will help you get started. In
addition to that, we have a kuibit user
group chat on Telegram (https://t.me/kuibit) where you can ask questions if
you find that something is not clear.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Gabriele

[1] The code is in the experimental branch, so I would actually not
recommend using it at the moment because it
will break in the future. However, you can still see how it is done there
and use the stable version of kuibit to
achieve a similar result. At this point in time, I would recommend NOT
using the experimental branch.

[2] In that case, we would love you to contribute back to kuibit :)