[Users] Black hole - neutron star binary simulation

Miguel Gracia mgracia at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:42:10 CDT 2021

Hello Santiago,

Best,
Miguel

——

On Oct 1, 2021, at 11:02 AM, Santiago Jaraba Gómez <santiago.jaraba at uam.es<mailto:santiago.jaraba at uam.es>> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I would like to simulate a BH-NS binary with the Einstein Toolkit. I have some experience with black hole simulations, but I am new to introducing neutron stars.

I have seen there are some publications in this line but, as far as I know, there are no examples like in the BBH or BNS case, which are displayed in the gallery.

My question is: is there any .par file that one can take as a starting point to these simulations? And maybe a more subjective question: is it currently possible to simulate BH-NS binaries in the Einstein Toolkit with similar confidence as BBH or BNS?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Santiago