[Users] GW150914 - error while running simulation

Gabriele Bozzola bozzola.gabriele at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:24:59 CDT 2021

Hi Krishiv,

kuibit implements the fixed-frequency integration method to reconstruct the
strain from Psi4. This algorithm requires a threshold frequency, or,
equivalently, a threshold period. The error that you see tells you that the
amount of data that you have is approximately smaller than this period, and
the result would not be trustworthy.

I typically choose the threshold period looking at the longest physical
timescale in the system. In case of a binary, this is of the order of the
first orbit. You can change that value, or run your simulation for longer.
Both will allow you to extract a gravitational wave strain.

Best,
Gabriele