[Users] meeting minutes for 2022-08-25
rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 25 10:04:13 CDT 2022
Present: Roland, Peter, Keith, Zach, Beyhan, Leo, Gabriele, Yosef
new ET modules:
* Zach reviewed FLRW solver, thumbs up for does no harm
** Roland to look at file not found error during compile
* no news on Canuda review
* Peter is reviewing SelfForce1D, thumbs up for harm
* NRPyEllipticET, Leo provided reviewers with parfile
** Leo to contact reviewers
Functionality to retire:
* keep ongoing list in wiki
* Roland will push pull request that remove use of "REQUIRES THORNS"
from current ET thorns
Questions on mailing list:
* nothing new
* Zach reported
contains a compile time warning about working only with Cartesian
grid, suggests removal
* New ticket https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2634/
mentioning lack of documentation on CCTK_BUILTIN_EXPECT
* Two tickets on SummationByParts assigned to Peter,
* Roland filed a ticket about non-conforming handling of initial data
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2631 . Zach
provided some recap that setting shift to 0 rather than using
LORENE's shift gives better evolution, in particular much less
eccentricity. Gabriele suggests adding a comment about this to the
gallery example BNS parfile, instead of using LORENE's shift.
* Zach and Gabriele suggest adding warning about this to code, also
suggest adding similar runtime warning for other settings that we
expect to produce failures or strange results
* Gabriele brought
up https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2629 . Had a
discussion on how to handle scheduling to compute a quantity every N
steps. Roland to send email about what he recollects about doing this
in EVOL vs ANALYSIS to the mailing list.
No ET call next week due to overlap with EU ET summer school.
chair next time: Peter
minutes next time: Leo
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20220825/f7bab250/attachment.bin
More information about the Users