[Users] Meeting minutes for 2022-12-15

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
Fri Dec 16 03:01:20 CST 2022

> - Safety feature to avoid HDF5 files from being corrupted
>   * Leo requests a feature that would allow the user to e.g., generate one
>     output file per restart. With kuibit, there was interested in
> switching from
>     the ASCII data files to the HDF5 in our research group. However, in a
> recent
>     simulation it turned out that a node failure caused a crash as one of
> the
>     HDF5 was being written to and we lost all data for an important
>     gridfunction. If one HDF5 file was written per restart (or another
> safety
>     feature was in place), then this would have not been an issue, as only
> one
>     of the chunks of data would have been corrupted. Leo will open a ticket
>     about this.

Isn't this done automatically when using simfactory? I have my hdf5 data
written in the separate output-00?? directories (the ones generated by
symfactory at each restart) so that if one run has problems I do not lose
all the data.

Cheers,
Bruno

--

Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics

email: bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
phone: (+39) 02 6448 2321
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't