[Users] Issue with Multiple Node Simulation on cluster

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Dec 21 03:55:04 CST 2022

Dear Spendan,

You say your simulations performed 2840 timesteps in half an hour on 32
procs, which is 5680 timesteps per hour. Running for a full day you get
132105 timesteps, i.e. 5504 timesteps per hour. So you're right there is a
small difference in speed. However, remember that the grid structure will
be changing as the black holes move across the grid, so some variation in
speed is to be expected. I think the small difference you observed is
within the natural range of variation.

Cheers,

   Peter