[Users] PreSync and recovery from checkpoint

Gabriele Bozzola bozzola.gabriele at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:10:07 CST 2022

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your response, which made me realize that the conformal factor
is not
checkpointed, so the error makes perfect sense.

Also POST_RECOVER_VARIABLES only runs the scheduled function on
> timelevel 0 (ie current time) and not any past timelevels so if there
> are multiple time levels to the constraint variables, only tl=0 will be
> initialized.

In this specific case, I can either turn on checkpointing for the BSSN
variables
in ProcaEvolve, or I can recompute them from the ADM ones after recovery.
What is the correct way to re-initialize a derived variable after recovery?

Thanks,
Gabriele