[Users] TclReFree

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 21 10:25:40 CST 2022

Hello David,

> Has anyone else gotten this error?
Never seen it before.

One thing to note though:

TclReFree

is from the tcl intepreter's regular expression library (see eg
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/compiling-and-link-errors-with-regex-h-from-tcl-8-4-11-a-420802/) and that one may bring its own regex.h include file (which Cactus may accidentally pick up).

My suggestion would be to to try and see if uninstalling any tcl-dev
(or so) package helps.

Why Cactus picks the wrong regex.h file I do not know. In my system
TCL's is in

/usr/include/tcl8.6/tcl-private/generic/regex.h

which should not be used by default (instead /usr/include/regex.h
should be used).