[Users] GetComponents script not working

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 26 16:00:54 CST 2022

Hello Konrad,

> I can use the other machine to pull everything of course, but perhaps
> there's yet some fix that I could try?
The simplest fix is most likely to change einsteintoolkit.th in this
manner:

* replace all TYPE=svn by TYPE=git
* remove all /branches/$ET_RELEASE and /trunk (whichever one is present)

Run GetComponents with the edited thorn list.

This will get the full git checkout so is a bit larger, but avoids svn
issues with GitHub and Ubuntu. You may be seeing an instance of this:

https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2396/potential-issue-with-github-svn-checkouts

though there at least some output was produced.