[Users] CCTK_CoordRange

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 6 12:40:50 CDT 2022

Hello David,

This fnction has been deprecated for a very long time. It is not really
likely to go away "soon", really.

The docs
(https://einsteintoolkit.org/referencemanual/ReferenceManual.html#x1-33000A2)
suggest using thorn CoordBase's APIs. Unfortunately its docs
(https://einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/CactusBase/CoordBase/documentation.html)
do not really say what to use.

The function to use would be GetDomainSpecification, described in its
interface.ccl file
(https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactusbase/src/921e6604ea87fa5a2773fa5ba86450ce797c3c6a/CoordBase/interface.ccl#lines-85):

CCTK_INT FUNCTION GetDomainSpecification \
  (CCTK_INT IN size, \
   CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY physical_min, \
   CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY physical_max, \
   CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY interior_min, \
   CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY interior_max, \
   CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY exterior_min, \
   CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY exterior_max, \
   CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY spacing)

with the "obvious" arguments being passed to it ("size" is the
dimension of the arrays and the arrays are arrays of CCTK_REAL).

Note that this will only work for Cartesian only simulations, and not
for those using curvilinear coordinates provided by Llama (multipatch
simulations).